2022 is coming to an end. Have you been wearing your wig for a long time this year and want a different hairstyle—especially curly human hair wig lovers who wish to straighten their curly hair?
As you know, texturizers and relaxers are two common ways to straighten your hair. Of course, these two chemical treatments are very similar to each other. It would help if you understood both styling processes.
This blog is about their differences, pros, and cons of texturizers and relaxers and how to choose.
1 What is a hair texturizer?
2 What is a hair relaxer?
3 Texturizers and relaxers,which one is better?
1 What is a hair texturizer?
What is a hair texturizer? The time allowed for the chemical to react with the best human hair wig is a significant factor in the different results of these two treatments. Hair conditioners should be left on for at most 5 to 10 minutes. This time factor also makes obtaining uniform results between the different hair conditioners challenging.
Texturizers are used when you want only some curls removed from your hair. Instead, they will relax the natural curl pattern and give the black hair a wavy texture.
Pros and Cons of Texturizers
- Learn the pros and cons of both for a better choice. Texturizer makes curls lose and can easily manage hair. It maintains some natural hair texture even after treatment. In addition, it helps to dry the hair faster.
- The hair treatment will also not give you even curls as the treatment time is almost 5 to 10 minutes. Since chemicals are used, you may notice breakage and damage if not taken care of properly.
2 What is a hair relaxer?
Unlike texturizers, relaxers usually stay on the black or other colored hair for about 20 minutes. If you want your hair to be slightly relaxed rather than entirely straight, two minutes may make a big difference in your results.
Advantages and disadvantages of relaxers
- You can reduce the time it takes to do your hair. The essential advantage is that you can see the original length of your hair after straightening. However, once you are done with the process, you can quickly regain your natural curls.
- It takes a few months to get the original texture of your hair, depending on the hair growth. In addition, if the process of relaxing your hair is not done correctly, it can cause hair damage, an itchy scalp, and even hair loss.
3 Texturizers and relaxers, which one is better?
First of all, both hair texturizers and relaxers have chemicals. Both processes contain similar products that can transform your natural hair into a different style. The formulas used in relaxers can even be used to get a textured effect.
If you want a textured effect on your hair, you can use a relaxer, but the duration should be reduced from 20 minutes to 10 or 5 minutes, depending on your natural hair type. When you get the package of the hair texturizer or relaxer, read the ingredients section clearly to understand what chemicals and products are used.
How to choose between a hair texturizer and a relaxer ?
- The range of styles you can wear with a hair relaxer is limited. For this reason, many people choose a hair relaxer because they want to switch between straight and curly or wavy hairstyles.
- With the help of curl styling products or straightening products, you can easily alternate between curly days and consecutive days. Hair stylers can reduce styling time and make hair easier to manage in humid climates.
- Deciding which method is best for your hair will depend on what you ultimately want to achieve.
A hair texturizer would be a better choice if you want your hair to look wavy or just generally loose. Texturizers will make your hair easier to hold, and you will still have a noticeable curl pattern. One thing to note is that you are relaxing your texture, not wholly straightening it. Therefore, texturizers are easier to apply for people with short to medium wigs, but if you have a long wig.
On the other hand, if your goal is to eliminate frizz and get bone-straight hair, then a relaxer is your best bet. Also, relaxers are more forgiving than texturizers considering that you can have any length of hair without having to worry about your curl pattern looks different. Care after this hair treatment is vital to keep your hair soft and silky.
Will texturizers and relaxers damage your natural hair?
- Texturizers are used to give your curly hair a wavy look rather than a completely straight look. Therefore, this process is for those who want a mix of natural curls and waves.
- On the other hand, relaxers are used for those who wish to get bone-straight hair. This means that relaxers can sometimes lead to over-processing and can make your hair less bouncy.
The bottom line
- With either of these two processes, it is crucial to avoid over-processing your hair. If you are vigilant about the chemicals you use, use the products correctly, and maintain your hair properly after processing, you can avoid serious problems like breakage and hair loss.
We hope that this blog has given you enough information. You have learned the difference between texturizers and relaxers as well as the process and pros and cons, and you can now easily decide which one you want to choose.
Whichever style you choose, it is important to rinse with a neutralizing shampoo and condition it properly afterwards. Since chemicals can damage your hair and dry it out, you'll want to use plenty of moisturizing products and treatments.
Do you have any other suggestions? If so, feel free to comment below. Thank you for being so cooperative, and see you in the next blog.