Weaves are among the best hair extensions on the market today. Many women prefer weaves over wigs because of their cost-effectiveness. Weaves generally cost less compared to wigs, and they are also more secure because they are sewed into the natural hair, hence no worry that they may fall off. Weaves are also pretty much lightweight, making them ideal for hot seasons.
And when it comes to styling your weave, you have plenty of options. You can style your weave just as you can style a wig. One of the best ways you can style your weave is by wearing it in ponytail hairstyles with weave. You can also make a half up half down or a low bun. The styles are endless. It all depends on what you find more beautiful and convenient.
In this article, we discuss everything you need to know including:
· What is a weave ponytail?
· Why is a weave ponytail so popular?
· How to install a ponytail extension?
· How to make a weave ponytail look fuller?
· How long does a weave ponytail last?
· How to care for ponytail hair extension?Let’s get started!
What is a weave ponytail?
A weave ponytail is a weave that is worn into a ponytail. Ponytail hairstyles are one of those classic hairstyles that can never run out of fashion. It looks chic and beautiful. And the best thing is that you can also wear your weave in braided ponytail hairstyles and make it as sleek as possible.
Why is a weave ponytail so popular?
Of course, there is no doubt that a weave ponytail hairstyle has increasingly become very popular. There is a reason for that. Here are some of the reasons making weave ponytails gain massive popularity.
1. The hairstyle looks more natural
One of the top things women want to achieve when wearing a weave is a natural look. A ponytail can help them achieve that, especially if some of the hair is left out to blend into the weave. This will make the hairstyle appear more natural.
2. The hairstyle is very versatile
If you are looking for a versatile hairstyle, a weave ponytail is a perfect option. This hairstyle allows you to part your hair whichever way you want. You can also wear it without parting. It all depends on your needs.
3. Easy to do
If you are a busy lady with a tight schedule, you are probably looking for a hairstyle that is pretty easy to do and won’t consume too much of your time. This is where a weave ponytail comes in. It is pretty easy to install and will save you time.
4. They last quite longer
Another thing about a weave ponytail is that it is a hairstyle that can serve you longer. So if you are looking for a way to style the braid wigthat will give you longer service, you should opt for a weave ponytail. If you take proper care of your weave ponytail, it can last for up to eight weeks.
How to make a ponytail extension?
Now that you have a better idea of what a weave ponytail is and some of its benefits, you are now wondering how you can make it. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you make a weave ponytail.
· Start by ensuring that your hair is clean
· Decide where you want to wear your ponytail and divide your hair if necessary.
· Use a styling gel and lay your ponytail in the position that you want it to be. For thick, curly, or kinky hair, you will have to use plenty of gel. At this point, your hair should look sleek and not drenched.
· If you have thin hair, you should fold it into a bun, but if you have thick hair, wear a straight braid.
· Layout your hair extension on a flat surface and then fold it in half. This makes the hair pretty much easier to work with and it reduces time spent on wrapping the extension around your bun.
· Secure the loose ends of your hair extension using stick pins at the base of your bun. This step is important if you want to end up with a sleek ponytail with a weave. If you have opted for a slick back braided ponytail, secure the wefts to the end of your braided ponytail. But if you have opted for a small bun, get the wefts of the hair extension closer to the base of your ponytail without sticking to the scalp.
· Wrap the hair extension around your braid or bun until your hair is no longer visible.
· Use stick pins to secure your ponytail once there is no more hair extension. For added security, add stick pins in the beginning, halfway, and when you are done with wrapping the hair extension around your hair.
· Take some hair strands to conceal the hair extension’s wefts. You shouldn’t leave the wefts of your hair extension visible, that’s why you must mask them. You can do this by wrapping strands of the weave hair around the tracks.
· Dry your hair using a blow dryer before you head out.
· Add some spray to make your ponytail shiny and vibrant.
How to make a ponytail look fuller?
To make your weave ponytail look fuller, you can prop it up. This can give your ponytail a little extra weight. You can hold it up with bobby pins. Simply make an X with the pins right at the base of the ponytail to give your hairstyle a boost. You can also double up your ponytail to make it look fuller. This involves separating your weave ponytail into two sections, tying off the top portion, and then tying off the bottom half. The first ponytail will fall on top of the second ponytail, camouflaging it and leaving an illusion of one fuller and longer ponytail.
How long does a weave ponytail last?
As already mentioned above, if you take proper care of your weave ponytail, it can last up to eight weeks. This is quite a long time.
How to care for ponytail extensions?
To care for your weave ponytail, you need to wash it regularly with gentle hair shampoo and conditioner. Let it dry and style it with heat tools. However, you must know the material used to make the weave. If it is made with synthetic hair, read the instructions before you apply heat to it. Brush your weave ponytail, especially a curly weave ponytail regularly to prevent tangling.
The ponytail looks soooooo cute. I love it!
You give me a detailed install process, Thank you!