Klaiyi Hair Company is committed to ensuring that very customer is happy with your products and satisfied with our service, Our hair is re-usable & will last 6 months – 1 year with proper care. Please note that each batch of virgin hair is unique and no bundle of hair is exactly the same. This is the nature of unprocessed virgin hair. Please review your hair purchase before installing. Prior to using our hair, Feel free to comb brush(use the wide comb to detangle your curly hair) or wet it if necessary but do not cut the wefts or lace until you are satisfied with your purchase. If there are any problems with the hair, return the hair for exchange BEFORE USING.
An advantage of virgin hair is that it can be styled and processed just like your natural hair, however, we do not guarantee any hair that has been chemically altered after purchase. If you must chemically alter your hair, we strongly recommend you seek assistance from a professional stylist and proceed only after the stylist completes a strand test as this will allow you to test how the hair will hold up to the chemicals.
- Use a shampoo no higher than pH 7
- Shampoo at least once a week
- Before washing the hair, Brush (a vent wig brush is recommended) and detangle hair from ends to roots before applying shampoo. We recommend you spray a mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up.
- You can use a hair color bottle with shampoo and water solution to squeeze and clean between the wefts and scalp
- Salon care is recommended but if you shampoo at home, Shampoo hair in shower so hair falls straight, never dip over a sink
- Smooth shampoo from root to ends in one direction.
- When washing your hair, DO NOT pile the hair on top of your head or wash in circles. This creates tangles. Instead gently shampoo the hair in one direction (vertically) only.
- Apply conditioner to hair and brush hair with a large paddle brush, starting with the ends working your way up to your scalp. Deep condition when needed.
- Rinse thoroughly, Squeeze out excess water and pat dry with towel, do not rub or twist the hair.
- Dry and style as recommended by your stylist.
- For curly hair, scrunch hair while damn to reform curls.
- Before going to bed, depending on your style, braid your hair into one loose large braid at the back of the neck, two pigtail braids, A ponytail, pin curl or wrap. Consult with your stylist for the best sleep care for your hair style. After waking up, undo and style hair as necessary
- Never wear a swimming cap or anything that covers your hair as it may cause matting.
- Before swimming, comb out any tangles.
- Braid hair into one large braid.
- After swimming, undo braid. Comb hair and allow hair to air dry.
- Proceed with shampooing and conditioning instructions (please reference instructions above).
- Although the extension hair is real, it is not receiving nutrients from the scalp like your own hair. Heat is your hair extensions biggest enemy. The more you use on it, the shorter the life span of your hair. We cannot guarantee that the hair will remain silky if you use the blow dry, flat iron, or curling iron on a regular basis. We also recommend that for curling the hair, you use steamrollers
- When you sleep, we highly recommend that you braid, wrap or ponytail your hair together to prevent tangling, especially on longer lengths extensions.
- Please wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair tangles. Too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle
- When washing the hair, always wash it going in a downward motion. Use your fingers in a horizontal motion between wefts to clean your scalp and a vertical motion to clean the hair extension. When rinsing, do the same to be sure that all the shampoo and conditioner residues are washed out.
- Conditioning the hair is vital to its maintenance. However, it is possible to over condition the hair. Some signs that the hair is over-conditioned are brittleness and tangling. If this does occur, your best resource is to use a deep-cleansing or cheating shampoo.
- If you use hair spray or other styling products, try to avoid those containing alcohol. (Alcohol can be very drying to the hair.) Styling products create build up on the hair and it is recommended that a deep cleansing shampoo be used once a month to remove build-up. Build-up can make the hair dry and can cause tangling. Use moisturizers to avoid this problem. If you must use heat, be sure you use a heat protecting spray.
- Make couple of big braids when going to sleep, swim, or exercise (please comb/brush and untangle the hair before making the braids).
**If you experience any tangling – Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. Gradually wet the hair down and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair.
NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR. Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.
Shampoo once per week
Cleaning your weave, hair, and scalp is important for your overall hair health. Washing once or twice per week is the general recommendation, as it will keep everything clean while not drying it out. Try adding a nozzle to the shampoo bottle to clean the hard to reach places.
Be careful while drying
If you have the time, try to let your weave air dry. This will prevent frizzing and breakage. Avoid using towels and excess heat, but a hair drying on low power is an option if you are pressed for time. The most important tip is to let your hair dry completely. Not doing so will make your weave smell musty.
Condition with the right products
Your hair salon will have the best products to take care of your weave and natural hair, so ask them what they recommend. Be sure to use products made for black hair and that contain high quality ingredients.
Sleep with a satin scarf
To prevent frizz, damage, and breakage, be sure to tie a satin scarf on your head at night. Pillows are too abrasive, so the satin will provide a smooth barrier for your weave. Never go to sleep with a wet weave, or your will wake up with matting and tangles.
The best way to find the right care regimen for your weave is to ask your hair stylist for specific instructions. Whether you have curls, braids, or silky straight locks, a hair professional will be able to recommend the right products and care practices for you. If you are noticing any problems with your weave, be sure to make an appointment with your stylist as soon as possible. They will be able to pinpoint the cause of your issue and tell you what care changes to make
Hair Rules shampoos and conditoners, John Frieda Frizz Ease weather works shampoo & conditioner, Pantene Pro V, Keracare hydrating detangling, Mixed-Chicks Leave-in, Unite leave-in detangler, Jane Carter Leave-in