Join The Forum To Get inspired Ideas
The fact that wigs may be worn by anyone, regardless of hair length or volume, is one of its best qualities. Therefore, you can still wear a wig and attain a natural look and enhanced beauty even if your natural hair is longer.
However, it can be quite difficult to properly wear and conceal long hair with a lace frontal wig, though. Thankfully, there are techniques you can use to put on a wig with long hair and conceal it.
In order to make your wig look as natural as possible, we provide you with comprehensive advice in this article on how to wear a wig if you have long hair. The key to wearing a glueless lace front wig with long hair is to ensure that you hide your har as much as possible.
How to wear a wig with long hair?
The plait method and the ponytail approach are the two main ways you can conceal your long hair behind a wig. Let's look into these approaches.
Method 1: The plaiting technique
1. Comb your wig: The first thing you should do is brush your ginger curly wig. This assists in removing any tangles or knots from the wig. Brush your wig using a wide-tooth comb. You should start from the roots as you gradually work your way up.
2. Wash your hair: Your wig needs to be completely washed after being combed. In order to select the proper things to use, you must be aware of the material that your wig is made of. This is due to the fact that synthetic wigs are extremely fragile and need certain hair products.
Human hair wigs, on the other hand, are identical to your real hair because they are made of human hair. This implies that you may use whatever products on your natural hair that you usually do. Let your wig dry after giving it a thorough wash. To dry your wig, use a blow dryer set to a low setting. Your wig can suffer serious harm from excessive heat.
3. Create a hair bun: It's time to braid your hair once it has dried. One of the finest techniques to conceal your hair under the wig is to braid it. Additionally, it might make you appear more natural. You can choose between French braids and traditional braids. Depending on the thickness of your hair, you can divide it into two or four portions for braiding. Because you will wrap the braids under your scalp at the conclusion, you must begin braiding your hair at the nape of your neck and work your way to the opposite side.
4. Wrap the braids: When you have finished braiding your hair, wrap the braids around your head and fasten them at the crown. If you lace the braids too closely to your hairline, they can show through when you wear your wig. Once the braids are flawless, you may use a bobby pin to secure them in place.
5. Put the wig cap on: It's crucial to get a wig cap that fits your head perfectly. Put on your wig cap after taking it off. You can attain the natural appearance you are going for by wearing a wig cap to make your hair appear flat.
Additionally, it can aid in shielding your natural hair from potential harm. Make sure your hairline is parallel to the cap's edge. Additionally, be careful not to leave any loose hair strands outside. To attain that immaculate and natural look, though, you can experiment by leaving some hair strands out and blending them in with the wig's hair.
6. Put the wig on: It's time to put on your lovely wig once you are satisfied with the way the wig cap feels on your head. Adjust it till your head comfortably rests on it.
After that, you can fix it with bobby pins or by adjusting the wig's adjustable straps at the back. Just be certain that the bobby pins' hue complements the wig's hue. If you want added security, you can also use wig tape.
Method 2: The ponytail technique
1. Comb and clean your wig. Just as it was discussed earlier, you must make sure your side part lace front wig is tidy, fresh, and free of knots and tangles before wearing it. And you can accomplish that by giving your wig a good brushing and thorough washing. If you plan to wear the wig for a very long time, this is especially crucial.
2. Tie your hair in a ponytail. Instead of braiding your natural hair with this technique, you will need to pull it back into a ponytail. Make sure the ponytail is as smooth as you can make it. The ponytail can then be held in place using bobby pins.
3. Put the wig cap on: It's crucial to understand how to fit the wig cap over your ponytail. Keep in mind that you have long hair and that you want to maintain its smoothness. Stretch your cap over your ponytail to conceal it.
Typically, as you drag your ponytail towards your face, the base of the ponytail should serve as the anchor. The front portion of the cap can then be slid up to conceal the remaining hair. You can massage your hair until it is uniformly tucked under the wig to avoid it seeming bulky.
4. Put your wig on: Put on your wig now. Take it, gently flip it upside down, and let your face go in first. The remaining wig pieces can then be removed. As you wear the wig, pull the flap to the base. This can make it simpler for you to fasten the wig to the back of your forehead.
5. Adjust your wig: The wig must be adjusted in the penultimate stage. Make sure your natural hair is showing underneath the wig. Your natural hair should only be partially visible. This, however, is not required. The final step is to fasten your wig with bobby pins.Youtube: