Join The Forum To Get inspired Ideas
Summers are a great time to be out in the sun, feel the sand under your feet and soak in the warm summer breeze but it's not just skin that needs to be protected in the scorching weather but also hair. One can follow some do-it-yourself remedies like hot oil massage and wash less often to make tresses summer-ready.
Audrey D’Souza, TIGI Educator and Sangeeta Velaskar, Vice President and Head, Medical Services and R&D, Kaya Limited give you a lowdown on getting through the season with fabulous hair!
* Wear A Hat：For a simple and quick solution to keep your strands protected from the sun, Clark recommends rocking a hat. Not only will this keep UV rays off some of your strands, but it will also protect your scalp.
* Opt For A Braid: Another element that can do damage to your locks is wind. High winds can cause tangles and damage. To prevent this, limiting your wind exposure where you can, and wearing your hair in a braid if you know it's going to be windy.
* Avoid heat treatments: With the sun rays being strong; additional use of any heat styling products will damage your hair even further.
* Mind Your Air Conditioning: Not all damage comes from being outside though. Your air conditioning can also cause some trouble, especially if you crank it all the way up. running the AC pulls humidity from the air, which can dry out your skin and locks. Make sure you're not overdoing it and moisturizing as needed.
* Night treatment: Wrap a towel around your hair after applying a leave-in conditioner to the dry and frizzy hair areas and leave overnight. Voila! Wake up with tamed, soft and unfrizzy hair.
* Hot oil rinse: Coconut, olive, and avocado oils penetrate easily into the hair shaft. Shampoo hair as usual, then messages in oil from ends to roots. Rinse and condition as usual. This will instantly make your hair feel softer to touch and much more hydrated.