Wigs human hair is becoming more and more popular, and they have become an indispensable commodity in daily life. To reduce the wear and tear on your 100% unprocessed human virgin hair wigs and keep it looking good, you need to know how to care for it and how to store it when you're not using it.
14 tips for taking care of your human hair wig
- Wash or rinse all human hair products and style before wearing. Virgin Human hair is not ready to wear out of the box.
- Before washing, brush human hair lace front wigs remove any teasing or tangles. Place your wig in a basin or sink in cool water. Gently hand washes with a mild detergent or shampoo.
- Never use hot water while in the process of washing your lace front human hair wigs and do not style or brush it while wet.
- Do not cover a damp head with a wig which might create a breeding ground for fungus or germs. Enjoy and take full advantage of your increased wigs knowledge to shop smart, look smart and invest in being smart.
- It is best to allow your lace front wig to air dry on a wig stand as this is most gentle on the hair fibers. Rollers can be used to set the wig.
- Make sure that the clips holding your wig in place do not snag the hairs, otherwise, breakage might occur.
- Do not dry on a solid form or mannequin head to avoid stretching the cap.
- Don't use a comb to comb your wig often, and don't wash your hair every day.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water, seawater, and hot water to avoid damage to your wig.
- Direct sunlight will fade the hair so avoid storing your wig where it will be exposed to light.
- Do not wear your hairpiece while sleeping. It may result in hair loss, breakage and matting.
- When you found your hair fell out a little bit, do not be scared, a little shedding is normal when your comb and wearing your human hair wigs.
- We do not recommend showering or swimming while wearing the wig.
- Any cutting or chemical processes, such as perming or coloring, should be done by a professional hairstylist. We do not recommend lifting or bleaching human hair; depositing color provides the best result.
How to store your virgin hair wig?
Learning how to store wigs is an effective way to improve the overall quality of wigs and make them look fresher and more durable.
- To maintain your wig’s quality for the longest possible period of time, clean your wig before putting it away.
- Store your human hair wigs in a dry, cool place.
If the wig hair or cap is wet when you put your wig away, it will attract dust, mold, and other not-so-nice chemicals.
Sunlight and heat will dull the color of your wig and break down the hair fibers. If you store your wig in direct sunlight, not only will it have a faded look but it will also be weaker.
- Gently put an appropriately sized hairnet over your wig before storing it.
If the wig you are storing has curls, waves, or manicured layers, then you are going to want to keep that style intact. Placing a hairnet on the wig will encourage the style to stay in place, and not get any creases or folds.
- Slip the wig into a clean plastic bag for compact storage.
Place your human hair wig in the original packaging if you are not wearing it, shake it and it will be in its original state when you are wearing your hair wig.
Before you seal the bag, try to squash it flat to take all the air away.
Try not to throw the bags around. If not handled properly, the wigs can become entangled. If you need to travel with your wig, it's best to pack it. If you travel a lot, buy a custom-made wig case and make sure your wig stays styled over time.